Based on IAARD’s vision and missions in agricultural development, science-technology development goals, and the dynamics of both domestic and global strategic environments, as well as the needs of the society, West Papua AIAT established the following vision and missions:
By 2014, to be a regional assessment institute that generates and provides effective local-specific agricultural technology in order to meet the needs and improve the welfare of farmer society in West Papua province region.
- To realize the attempts in regionalization and decentralization of assessment activity and agricultural development based on regional agricultural resources diversity.
- To encourage the acceleration of rural agricultural development in regions with agribusiness orientation through the provision in engineering local-specific agricultural technology.
- To strengthen the integration of assessment/ research, agricultural extension and farmers in the process of planning, creating, preparing and implementing technology for regional agricultural development acceleration which is also accompanied by delivering feedbacks for improvements in national research programs.
West Papua AIAT has 29 staffs which consist of 19 official civil servants and 10 non-permanent employees. Among those 29 staffs, 2 are located in Sorong the estate research field; 1 staff is assigned to support the Agricultural Agency Service of Fak-fak regency; 3 staffs are currently continuing their education in Bandung, Bogor and the US. The remaining 23 staffs are located in the central office and Manokwari the estate research field.
Staffs by Classification
- Functional Researchers: 7 staffs, with expertise in Agronomy 2 staffs, Livestock (2 staffs), Soil Science 2 staffs, and Socio-Economic 1 staff.
- Researcher candidates: 4 staff, with expertise in Agronomy 1 staff, Plant Breeding 1 staff, Post-Harvest technology 1 staff and Plant Disease 1 staff
- Technicians: 11 staffs
- Administrator: 7 staffs